We're Hiring: Vermont Open Farm Week CoordinatorFebruary 18, 2020
Position: Vermont Open Farm Week Coordinator
Time Frame: May-August 2020
Project Fee: $3500
Time Commitment: will vary week-to-week and month-to-month as the project progresses, but on average plan for 10-15 hrs/wk
The Vermont Fresh Network is hiring for a temporary project consultant to assist with the 6th annual Vermont Open Farm Week. This year, Open Farm Week takes place August 10th - 16th.
Open Farm Week is a celebration of Vermont farms offering visitors a backstage pass to learn more about local food origins, authentic agritourism experiences, and the chance to build relationships with local farmers. 2020 will be the sixth year this event has brought the community to meet their farmers.
The coordinator will largely work behind the scenes with the Vermont Fresh Network team, receiving farm registrations, communicating with farms, posting events online, getting outreach materials to participating farms, and helping to promote the week. The events are hosted on the DigInVT.com platform.
- Collect and manage information supplied by farms. Assist VFN staff with follow-up calls to farms to be sure we have the information we need in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with VFN staff on recruitment for Open Farm Week participation.
- Update DigInVT.com event information and build website event pages.
- Update staff on events and farms for promotions/stories.
- Be available to help farmers utilize digital marketing assets in the immediate lead up to the event.
- Ensure that participating places receive resources and materials for promotions (physical materials like lawn signs & digital resources) - mailing and delivering as appropriate.
- Collect images to use in promotions: this may involve traveling to farms within a reasonable distance to take pictures or acquiring photo permissions.
- Attend some OFW events: help the Open Farm Week committee collect social media content.
Ideal candidate has:
- Ability to follow timelines
- Ability to stay self-motivated working on own
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, especially writing, editing, and on phone
- Personal computer and vehicle
- Some project coordination experience
- Experience updating website content and working with a content management system
Note: The project fee is inclusive of mileage and miscellaneous expenses.
Deadline: Friday, March 20th.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Open Farm Week coordinator.” If you are invited to an interview, we will ask for three references at that time.