DigInVT & Food Tourism
DigInVT.com is the online guide for agricultural and culinary tourism in Vermont. It is an interactive website designed to inspire Vermonters and visitors to explore further - whether it’s a new corner of the state, new foods, or new events. DigInVT.com provides
- Place Profiles for farms, eateries, farmers’ markets, retail stores, inns and B&B’s, and more.
- A comprehensive events calendar focused on local food and farms.
- Trails library with suggested itineraries to take them throughout the state.
- My Places folder that lets users create their own trails and share them through social media.
- Original content written weekly for the blog and newsletter.
- Features on signature events and out of the way discoveries, stories that showcase all corners of the state.
A detailed overview of DigInVT features is available on this resource page. Every VFN member open to the public during regular hours (including seasonal hours) can be listed on DigInVT with no additional charge.
Goals of the Program: The Vermont Fresh Network leads the DigInVT partnership of food and farm organizations that supply data to DigInVT.com. VFN manages the platform. We built this tool in response to a growing interest in agricultural and culinary tourism, with the marketing goals of:
- Connecting farms & restaurants to new customers, and deepening their connection to current customers.
- Presenting a fuller Vermont food experience, through pooling information in one well-curated website.
- Helping everyone explore beyond their familiar routes.
- Helping everyone explore beyond their familiar foods.
- Creating an online tool well-suited to rural regions, one that will represent every corner of the state.
In 2018 we finished a major upgrade to the site. We are working on plans now for the next phase of development. Future marketing needs that this tool may address are:
- Greater consumer education about local food & Vermont food
- Education as distinct from marketing (we do try to make the marketing educational)
- Connections to out of state visitors after they return home
- Connections to direct markets
- For example, connections bridging restaurant meals to farm purchases
2022 DigInVT Partner Organizations: Northeast Organic Farming Association | Vermont Farmers’ Market Association | Vermont Brewers Association | Vermont Cheese Council | Vermont Cider Makers Association | Vermont Sheep and Goat Association| Vermont Fresh Network | Vermont Grape & Wine Council | Vermont Maple Sugar Makers’ Association | Vermont Specialty Food Association | Vermont Tree Fruit Growers Association | Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets | Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing (advisory)
Support for the 2018 DigInVT Upgrade: DigInVT.com was first built in 2011. In February, 2018, VFN relaunched an upgraded version of DigInVT.com, reflecting both changes in technology and lessons learned through our first years of operation. Funding for the upgrade came from the Working Lands Enterprise Board, Lamoille Economic Development Corporation, and NOFA-VT. BlueHouse Group designed and built the website.
Sponsor DigInVT: We have three, six, and twelve month sponsorship options that allow sponsors to both support the future of agritourism in Vermont and be recognized on DigInVT.com and in our marketing. Details are here.