We're Hiring a Membership & Events ManagerDecember 15, 2022
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
The Vermont Fresh Network(VFN) is now hiring for the position of Membership & Events Manager.
The Vermont Fresh Network (VFN) is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 1996 to promote connections between farmers and chefs, and engage the dining public in supporting the local food system.
Our network is diverse and includes a range of culinary professionals, along with farmers and food and beverage artisans. Over the last 27 years, VFN has been instrumental in building a flourishing food and farm economy in Vermont by connecting local farmers and producers with chefs, institutions and other new markets.
We support transparency and verification in local foods marketing; VFN Partner Members meet established criteria for purchasing from local farm partners.
Vermont Fresh Network also oversees and manages DigInVT, a collaborative agricultural and culinary tourism website that combines the information of multiple member-based organizations to create a platform for finding authentic food and farm experiences in Vermont. We host events focused on member networking as well as events for the public. Our signature event, the Annual Forum Dinner at Shelburne Farms, gathers the best of our food community together for a celebration of our top chefs and farmers. We undertake a variety of projects each year, from activities supporting agricultural and culinary tourism to market development around specific Vermont products to participation in statewide policy initiatives.
The Membership & Events Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic approach to VFN membership. This position will also work with staff to schedule, coordinate and execute VFN events throughout the year. This is an exempt, full time position, reporting to the Executive Director.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to new member recruitment and existing member retention.
- Actively reach out to members, engaging them in VFN events, activities and programs
- Providing oversight of the admin and membership coordinator.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the Vermont Fresh Network member database to ensure that it is meeting the needs of the organization.
- Maintaining communication and engaging with VFN’s members, supporters, and prospective members.
- Developing content for our websites, e-marketing and other communication channels. This includes preparing content for e-newsletters, social media updates, and membership informational materials.
- Managing the planning and execution of events and fundraisers.
- Acting as support for new member initiatives and yearly projects, when needed.
- A desire to support Vermont Fresh Network’s mission in local food
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly and adept at relationship building
- Able to work independently, managing a diverse workload, as well as work in collaboration with a partners
- Proven content development experience and the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences through multiple channels.
- Project management experience
- Event planning experience
- Experience with website content management systems and nonprofit donor management software, a plus. (We use Little Green Light.)
- Access to a personal laptop and vehicle
- Knowledge of Vermont’s food and farm sector
- Fundraising experience
- Marketing experience
- Familiarity with membership-based organizations
The Membership & Events Manager will be expected to work independently while meeting project goals and timelines developed with the Executive Director. This position offers significant flexibility in location and work schedule. Occasional travel will be required to meet with members in different regions of the state.
The annual salary for this position $48,000 - $50,000. Approximate start date is early February, 2023.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Membership & Events Manager Application”. Deadline for applications is January 6th, 2023.
Vermont Fresh Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.