Celebrate Vermont Wine!March 15, 2018
We're excited to invite food and wine enthusiasts to special events throughout Vermont in celebration of Vermont wine and ice cider during the week of March 24 - 31. Vermont wineries and cideries will be showcasing their craft at winemaker dinners, tastings, and other events hosted by VFN member restaurants and tasting rooms at over nineteen locations from Manchester to Burlington.
You can explore all the possibilities at our agricultural and culinary tourism website DigInVT.com - and check out its new look and features while you’re there!
This March wine promotion is related to our 2017-2018 special project to expand the restaurant based market for wines and ice ciders produced using locally grown grapes and apples. (Details on that larger project are found here)
Wine events will kick off on Maple Open House Weekend (March 24 & 25) with tastings at Snow Farm Vineyard, Boyden Valley Winery, and Boyer's Orchard, as well as a special maple dinner with wine pairings at the Reluctant Panther. Visitors can learn about maple syrup while also tasting a selection of wines and ice ciders.
Throughout the week, you are invited to sample and and cultivate their knowledge of Vermont wine at the many events including:
- Lincoln Peak Vineyard dinners - winemakers will discuss pairings and winemaking during dinners at MKT:Grafton in Grafton Village and at Farmhouse Tap & Grill in Burlington.
- A special menu at Mary’s Inn at Baldwin Creek in Bristol featuring Iapetus Wines.
- Cheese and wine tastings with Fresh Tracks Farm at the Cabot Visitors Center in Waterbury and with Putney Mountain Winery at the Cabot Quechee store.
- A "cocktail hour" of complimentary bar snacks to nibble on while tasting Vermont wines at NECI on Main.
- A food and wine pairing class at Richmond Community Kitchen.
In addition to hosting special events, many participating restaurants and other locations will be featuring local wineries and cideries by the glass on their menus throughout the week.
For information on all the wine week events, visit DigInVT.com. For more events and updates, follow DigInVT on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.