Sign Up for Vermont Wine Promotion in MarchFebruary 19, 2018
In the last week of March (24th - 31st), Vermont Fresh Network members will be hosting a series of events and specials across the state to celebrate Vermont wine.
The goal is to recognize Vermont wines being enjoyed on Vermont restaurant menus, as well as offer ways for diners to be introduced to Vermont wine. We are looking for both event-type promotions and menu features.
Examples of events that have been planned:
- Dinner with the winemakers
- Tasting events pairing Vermont wine and Vermont specialty foods
- Wine pairing dinners, pairing Vermont wines with each course
- Classes on Vermont wine and how to pair it with food at home
- Wines featured at Maple Open House events (Maple Open House Weekend is March 24th & 25th)
Examples of menu features that have been planned:
- A new Vermont wine by the glass each day of the week
- Recommended Vermont wine pairings for daily specials
- Ice cider accompanying featured desserts
- Wine flights for sampling
We are finalizing our event calendar now - if you would like to offer an event please let us know by Monday, March 5th. We can be more flexible with promotions in the "menu features" category.
Participating locations will receive coordinating support and marketing support from VFN - there is no cost to participate for VFN or Vermont Grape & Wine Council members (non members will need to pay a $50 listing fee). Marketing associated with this series:
- Featured on DigInVT.com using the new Special Events platform
- Featured in the Fresh Feed and in all VFN / DigInVT social media (promoted)
- Supporting outreach from the Grape & Wine Council and participating winemakers (VFN will provide text, sample promos)
- Supporting outreach from participating distributors
- Sample text / photos / posts provided to all participants so that they can promote their own event and link the larger series to promote everyone
- VFN manages online calendar postings (vermontvacation, regional chambers, newspapers, etc.)
- Story pitched to food, drink, agriculture, travel writers
- Promotion through Front Porch Forum, one of Vermont Fresh Network's marketing partners in 2018
If you are interested, please contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This series is part of the Marketing Vermont Wine in Vermont Restaurants project, funded in part by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture’s Specialty Crop Block Grant Program (SCBGP). The SCBGP funds support industry-facing work connecting winemakers and wine buyers. To find out more visit our website: http://vermontfresh.net/programs/vermont-wine-project/