Facebook Marketing - Feb 14thFebruary 5, 2018
Facebook Marketing Webinar
This event is over - but the recording and notes appear below
Learn about effectively using Facebook to market your farm or food business with Tom Remp from VFN Partner Member Billings Farm and Museum.
This webinar goes beyond social media 101 to look in depth at this particular tool, including:
- How to set and measure goals for Facebook performance
- Tools for targeting audiences and setting up paid campaigns
- Facebook algorithms (what this is and how it affects you)
- Preparing for and managing aggressively negative users (a sad fact of social media)
Plus questions from participants - anyone interested in participating is also encouraged to send in issues you'd like to learn about, just e-mail email@example.com.
Notes & Recording
Oh, we're still perfecting the whole 'making a recording' thing - but there's a limit to how far off you can go, wait a few moments on this video and the screens will resolve themselves.
If you prefer to browse written and photo materials, here are some relevant links:
- Billings Farm & Museum Facebook Page
- The Piglet Pictures
- Excellent Cow Genetics (aka the reason why they have a following in Brazil)
- Historical Interest (one of many Billings family profiles)
- Wassail Weekend Album
- Facebook's New Algorithm
- This affects how page (vs. individual friend) posts are prioritized (or, in this case, de-prioritized)
- You can follow updates from Facebook on changes happening at the business, a business that is always making changes to see what might work, in their newsroom.
- Tools for Understanding Facebook Marketing + Some General Resources
- Moz.Com blog
- A Beginners Guide to SEO
- Facebook marketing recommendations from Facebook itself
- Overview on using Facebook insights & analytics, with tips
- Explanation of Facebook ads vs. Facebook post boosts (this source was chosen because it's the most up to date summary at the time of this posting - NB as you read: things change)
- Facebook Live as a business tool and the piglets video, the puppies video (yes, this is almost 50,000 people watching 13 minutes of puppies sleeping, we didn't have a great explanation)